This Merchandise Design competition is timed to coincide with the 25th anniversary of “Samovar”. Participants should present design(s) suitable to be used on various merchandise items, namely t-shirts, baseball hats, cups, etc. Design should reflect Samovar’s legacy. Samovar is a grocery store, bookstore, and cultural center located in the heart of Silicon Valley.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The minimum age to enter this competition is 18 years old (or the legal age of majority in the country you live in).
- The competition opens for entries to be submitted on August 1st, 2021 at 00:01 hrs and closes at 23:59, October 30th. Any entries submitted out with this time will not be considered a valid entry,
- This competition is open to individuals across the world.
- Any employees, officers, or shareholders of the Socium International, Inc dba Samovar (or members of the immediate family of any such person being spouse, parents, or children) are not permitted to enter.
- The maximum number of entries by a single participant is three (3).
- All entries should be submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following line in the subject: DMC Last Name First Name (for example DMC Doe John)
- Images and files must be labeled Last Name_First Name_Title of Work. For example, the submitted image should be titled: Doe_ John_Artwork_1.
- Accepted file types are JPEG, PNG, TIFF, EPS, PDF with 300DPI resolution. The maximum file size is 10MB. Winners might be required to submit images in a certain format and size in order to be awarded.
- Submitted designs should be applicable for use on t-shirts, hats, cups, etc. Thus each design might have more than one instance.
- Participants must include their name, age, country of residence, and email address in the email’s body upon submission of work. We will not share the submitted information with anyone.
- By submitting an entry/entries you (i) are consenting to Socium International, Inc dba Samovar contacting you by email to notify you of the outcome of the competition (if you are the winner), and (ii) use of your name and photographs on any publicity material by Socium International, Inc dba Samovar, and (iii) you are granting to Samovar a worldwide, irrevocable, exclusive, royalty-free license to use your design on any merchandise items it wishes including t-shirts, mugs, brochures, etc. and (iv) warranting that any design submitted as an entry in this competition is your own work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party (and you further agree to indemnify Socium International, Inc dba Samovar for any and all losses and expenses incurred in the event that Socium International, Inc dba Samovar or any member of its corporate group becomes subject to any legal action in any jurisdiction through its use of your submitted design).
- Winner if selected will receive an Amazon gift e-certificate ($750.00 value). Two runner-ups if selected will receive an Amazon gift e-certificate ($350.00) Winning designs will be featured on Samovar’s website for at least 3 months alongside accreditation for their artwork. There is no cash alternative, and the prize cannot be sold or transferred under any circumstances. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
- The winning design will be selected by 23:59 hrs, November 15th, 2021. Any decision is final.
- The winner will be notified within 48 hours of the competition closing via email: if the winner fails to respond within 72 hours, the winning entry will be voided, and a new winner will be chosen.
- This competition is governed by the laws of California, USA.
16. This competition is managed by Socium International, Inc.
Maria Kazanskaya, an Artist (painting, graphic art, book illustration)
Leo Zarkhin, an Art Director and illustrator. Recipient of The Silver Telly Award for non-broadcast digital interactive production.
Alexander Alshvang, president of Socium International, Inc., owner of Samovar Store and Samovar Hall.